- Hometown: London, UK
- PowerBar Athlete Since: 2010
- Claim to Fame: Triathlon World Champ
Grew up swimming. Was urged to do a triathlon by friend Chrissie Wellington. Since 2006 I have placed top 10 3 times in Kona, Won the ITU World Champs, 2nd at Melboune IM, and numerous 70.3 titles. I love this sport. I am based in London and Boulder depending on the time of year.
Q&A with Rachel Joyce
- Biggest Obstacle
- This year it's been my tonsils! Seven episodes of tonsillitis in 2012!
- A muffin for breakfast before an Ironman is a must!
- Nobody knows..
- Nobody Knows…My first ever music concert was to go and see the one and only Shakin' Stevens
- Biggest Athletic Accomplishment
- World ITU Long Distance Triathlon Champion in 2011
- Favorite Thing About Training
- Being outside - whether it swim, bike or running!
- Least Favorite Thing About Training
- The never ending laundry pile!
- I Work Out To…
- Girl Talk and a bit of Pearl Jam
- Unusual Training Regimens
- Listening to The Archers on my long runs (It's a British radio soap opera listened to mostly by people over 70!)