- Hometown: Boulder, CO
- PowerBar Athlete Since: 2007
- Claim to Fame: 70.3 World Champ, 3x Xterra world champ, 3rd in IMWC 2010
Started triathlons in 1997 after swimming at LSU. 1998 won the ITU age group world champs and turned pro at the end of the year. Qualified for 2000/2004 Olympics, Switched to 70.3 and Xterra's in 2007. Won Xterra world champs 2007/2008/2009, and 70.3 world champs in 2009 which qualified me for Kona where i Came 2nd in 2010
Q&A with Julie Dibens
- Biggest Obstacle
- Had double surgery in April of this year. Foot and Knee. Still getting back to running. Have had to take the year off and it sucks.
- None really, but I do like to have a fresh pair of goggles for every race.
- Nobody knows..
- I wanted to be a pro tennis player growing up.
- Biggest Athletic Accomplishment
- Toss up between Winning 70.3 world champs in 2009, and qualifying for the Olympics in 2004 against all the odds.
- Favorite Thing About Training
- It's an empowering feeling to be able to push as hard as you want for as long as you want and be in control.
- Least Favorite Thing About Training
- Swimming. I've been doing it for so long, I do it now because it’s a necessity rather than for enjoyment
- I Work Out To…
- Get my body ready to race.
- Unusual Training Regimens
- Swim 20-30km a week, Bike 200-600miles per week, run 30-60miles per week, S&C 3 x per week